Chinatown Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour
Located right in the city center, Chinatown is one of most visited heritage districts in Singapore. On this tour, we bring you to experience the different perspectives of Chinatown through food. As we meet easily at the Tanjong Pagar MRT Station, we will first visit Singapore’s city gallery to learn about the development of Singapore from a sleepy fishing village to a vibrant cosmopolitan city. Then we will visit 6-7 local food stalls to taste 9-10 famous Singapore dishes! You will probably see and walk past more than 300 food stalls in half a day which can be too overhelming by yourself. Just sit back and relax, and learn from our guides why these are Singaporeans’ favourite dishes.
Along the food walk, we will also visit local landmarks and hear some interesting true stories about these unique places. If you enjoy a visit to the fresh market, see exotic animals, and would like to mingle with the locals, Chinatown is definitely the place to go!
- 6–7 authentic tasting locations, 9-10 delicious samples (enough for lunch)
- Experienced, friendly and entertaining local guide
- Fun & informative guided walking tour.
- Gratuities is not included but are highly appreciated
See more photos on our Facebook page
What's not included?
- Gratuity (Tips) is not included in price
Private Tour Option
This tour is also avaiable as a private option.
For your information, the itinerary of this "private" tour is identical to that of the "Join-in" one. However, in the private option, it will be more exclusive (just you and the guide) and the starting time is also the same as the public tour.
*Note: This price is per person. It also does not include “ Pick up and drop off service”
|Number of guests
|Price Per Person SGD
What people say about this tour
We thoroughly enjoyed his entertaining and informative insights into Singaporean life, and the food was of course amazing! We have participated in a number of these types of tours in various places, and this tour rates amongst the very best.
Every dish we sampled was delicious, a highlight being the hainan chicken rice, but there was so much more that I would never have tried if it weren't for going with an experienced guide. Definitely recommend doing this!
We took the Chinatown Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tour this past November. As big lovers of Asian-inspired cuisine, we truly enjoyed the authenticity of the experience.
Ben M, TripAdvisor
Should you (the client) choose to cancel a booking, Food Tours Singapore must be notified by email.
The following cancellation fees apply for China Town Food Tour:
- More than 7 days before departure, 10% of your payment
- 2 to 6 days before departure, loss of 50% of your payment
- From 48 hours before the tour starts, loss of all payments made.
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in a loss of all payments made.